Advocatenkantoor - bedrijfsomschrijving:
At OneSpan (formerly known as VASCO Data Security), you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
This Legal Counsel function reports to the Senior Director Legal & Compliance and will be mainly responsible for implementation of the global compliance program as well as its maintenance, ongoing development and enhancement. This will encompass a wide range of compliance initiatives in areas like honest and ethical conduct, trade compliance, data privacy, anti-corruption and competition law. This function is part of the Legal & Compliance team and will work closely with other control and support functions, as well as with internal and external stakeholders around the world. Focus will be given to continue to develop the compliance culture at OneSpan and embed integrity and compliance initiatives in our operations as our company grows.
• Oversee global compliance program and ensure its timely implementation.
• In cooperation with other stakeholders, deliver and maintain ongoing adequate compliance initiatives like training and communication;
• Cooperate with all operational functions, like Sales, Finance, HR and other control functions to foster the compliance culture and practices in daily operations;
• Evaluate the efficiency of control mechanism by monitoring, testing and auditing compliance processes periodically;
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control;
• Draft, modify, help with implementation of company policies and procedures;
• Lead specific compliance projects, like the GDPR readiness project, Trade Compliance in OneSpan business processes as well as the Global Compliance Program Update
• Provide general legal support to various company stakeholders in areas like contract drafting and negotiation, maintenance of contract templates, employment matters under local law as well as international corporate housekeeping and other areas typically supported by in-house counsels.
• Proven experience as compliance manager (5 - 7 years)
• In-depth knowledge of compliance regulations
• University degree in Law (LL.M.)
• Additional specialization or distinct legal experience required in software licensing
• Specialization or experience in areas of e-commerce (consumer market), e-signature, Software as a Service, as well as Data Privacy Protection is a plus
• 4 – 5 years of experience in the software licensing area of a law firm (including experience in contract drafting and negotiation) or 4 – 5 years of experience in industry working with software licenses
• Familiar with regulations and laws relevant to US public companies operating internationally
• Comfortable drafting and negotiating legal terms for a wide variety of business relationship agreements including reseller and distributor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, consulting, contractor, escrow, joint marketing and referral agreements and agreements incorporating various software licensing methodologies and business models
• Methodical and diligent with planning abilities
• Good legal, commercial, analytical and administrative skills
• Professional work attitude and the ability to perform well under pressure with good sense of urgency
• Fast in understanding multinational working environment as well as cross-border end-to-end business processes and ensuring legal and contract compliance
• Pragmatic, organized, process-oriented and you have a high level of self-motivation and discipline
• Bilingual: English and Dutch.
Link to apply: https://grnh.se/45f9675f1